3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 6:04 PM by FentonJones

Login - redirect to layout

CristianStanimir

Title

Login - redirect to layout

Hello, 

I am building a solution, and I need a bit of help. There a multiple users with different privileges sets, I managed to get a Re-Login option going but, I want to make it so after login - the user will be redirected to a specific layout. 

Also is there any way to customize the no access screen  (images bellow ).

Screen_Shot_2015-07-11_at_17.45.07.png

• 1. Re: Login - redirect to layout
          FentonJones

You can test for which Privilege Set is logged in using: Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName )
          [ This will be correct even if a script is running with Full Access (though I've not done so, being an 'old' developer).]

I don't think you can do anything to a layout when someone does not have access to it. I find that one option is to have a "blank" layout, which anyone can see, say at "Startup", before a script could figure out where to go.

• 2. Re: Login - redirect to layout
            CristianStanimir

I do have a blank layout, but what i want to do is something like this  :   if user is "service_department" go to layout "service".  this for a few more users  each one to have a specific layout. 

is this possible ?

• 3. Re: Login - redirect to layout
              FentonJones

Yes. I guess I didn't say enough. You said you had Privilege Sets { I'll call it "PS"}; each person logged in has a known Privilege Set. The function "Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName )" can read which one the current person is logged in as. 

This is an example, using some names I use; yours may be different. I often have more than 1 "PS" who go to the same layout. In this case there are an "upper" level of PSs, a "lower" level; everyone else is in-between. 

If [ Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Admin" or Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Manager" 
              Go to Layout [ "List - Admin" ]
              Else If [ Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Remote" or Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Remote CS" ]
              Go to Layout [ "List - Remote" ]
              Else
              Go to Layout [ "List" ]
              End If