8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 11:06 AM by rgnant_1

Login page on IWP

rgnant_1

Title

Login page on IWP

Attempting to create IWP under the following:

If the Guest account is the only account with the Instant Web Publishing extended privilege enabled, web users automatically log in with the Guest account, and they do not see the login page.

I've made the Guest account Active and created a Privilege Set which allows Acess via IWP.

But, when I try to close out, I get a message saying I have to have a full access account.

Again what I'm trying to do is to set up IWP so that when someone accesses the db, they skip the sign in and go right to the "home page" of the db.  I will then use ReLogin to further restrict access.

Where have I gone wrong?

Privilege_Set.png

• 1. Re: Login page on IWP
          philmodjunk

The dialog is just asking you to enter an account name and password to a full access acount isn't it? That's SOP for any time you use manage security to modify accounts... It doesn't actually require that the guest account be full access...

• 2. Re: Login page on IWP
            rgnant_1

This is the message I get.

I don't want the Guest Account to be full access.  I just want to be able to have users access the db without going through the account name and password.  But, If I check a full access account, I get the Guest/Account when users access the db.

• 3. Re: Login page on IWP
              philmodjunk

I'm sorry, but I don't see the problem from my end. I see a list of accounts with two active accounts--one admin/full access and one guest/limited access.

But, If I check a full access account, I get the Guest/Account when users access the db.

Isn't that what you want here?

• 4. Re: Login page on IWP
                rgnant_1

Sorry I can't communicate better.  This is the screen I want to eliminate.

• 5. Re: Login page on IWP
                  philmodjunk

I understood that, But your previous posted comment: "But, If I check a full access account, I get the Guest/Account when users access the db."

Seemed to indicate that this is working for you. What do you meant by "check a full access account"? I understood that to mean you had to have both an active guest and admin account before this worked.

• 6. Re: Login page on IWP
                    rgnant_1

Thank you for your patience.

The "Instant Web Publishing Guide" on page 19 says that 

If the Guest account is the only account with the Instant Web Publishing extended privilege enabled, web users automatically log in with the Guest account, and they do not see the login page. 

That's what I want to do.  So, my next step is to have "the Guest account as the only account with the Instant Web Publishing privilege enabled.

So I go to File>Manage>Security.  That's when I get the Manage Security box shown above.  If I deselect Admin, thus assuming that the Guest Account will be the only one left, and click OK, I get the message shown below.

If I select the Admin box, then when accessing the db, I get the Open Database box shown above.

Somewhere in this whole thing is something simple that I am missing.

• 7. Re: Login page on IWP
                      philmodjunk

Check this key phrase:

with the Instant Web Publishing extended privilege enabled,

If you open the admin account and click Edit. Is that extended privilege enabled? If you clear it does this now work for you?

I believe you need to leave the admin account enabled as you have to have admin access when not using a browser so that you can continue to make changes to the file. Bu the extended privilege must be disabled, if I understand this quote correctly, before the log in password will be suppressed when a browser is used to access the database.

• 8. Re: Login page on IWP
                        rgnant_1

Thanks, Phil.