1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 8:49 AM by TSGal

Logistics

newbusinessguy

Title

Logistics

I have a small logistics company.  I warehouse inventory for third party manufacturers, then i ship to their customers.  I have been doing the tracking and record keeping by just using a macro i wrote in excel but it is not up to par anymore with my growth.  I would like to go to the Mac platform.  I have been told that my best bet for this is Filemaker..  Can anyone comment if this is the way to go?  Scanning capabilities, in and out of my warehouse?

thanks

• 1. Re: Logistics
          TSGal

newbusinessguy:

Thank you for your post.

You have a loaded question.  Yes, FileMaker Pro can keep track of inventory, manufacturers, customer shipments, etc.  However, it will take some time to get this up and running the way you like.  Be prepared to spend quite a bit of time setting this up.

FileMaker Pro does NOT have any scanning capabilities.  However, you can store scanned objects and display them within FileMaker Pro.

I would advise you to download a free 30-day trial from our web site (www.filemaker.com) and work with it.  On our web site, there is a listing of consultants that develop using FileMaker Pro, and this may also be a consideration.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.