2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2013 1:31 AM by BenHunter

Looking for "contains" operator rather than = when filtering a portal with a drop-down menu

BenHunter

Title

Looking for "contains" operator rather than = when filtering a portal with a drop-down menu

Hi,

I'm setting up a database to help organise songs played at church. I have a scheduling layout with a portal to songs for the user to refer to. The portal can be filtered according to the key the song is in and according to a "tags" value list (e.g. hymn, standard, new song). The tags field in the songs table is set using a checkbox setup and the filtering of the portal is done with a dropdown menu. The calculation for the portal filter looks like this:

(Schedule::Tags_Global = "All Tags" or
           Schedule::Tags_Global = Songs::Tags) and
           (Schedule::Key_GLobal = "All Keys" or
           Schedule::Key_GLobal = Songs::Key)

It works well with a 'Refresh Global value' script triggered by both gobal fields.

I run into a problem, however, when a song has more than one tag - it doesn't show up in the filtered results. e.g. if a song is tagged as a 'hymn' and a 'new song', that song won't show if I filter the portal with 'hymn' or 'new song'. What I would like is an operator to replace "=" - something like 'contains' in the second line of the calculation. Can anyone suggest a solution? I am learning FM as I go.

Thanks in advance!