AnsweredAssumed Answered

Looking for suggestions/link/paper on how to maintain an off-site customer DB  (FM 13)

Question asked by JimBessette on Apr 7, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Looking for suggestions/link/paper on how to maintain an off-site customer DB  (FM 13)

Thanks to PhilModJunk and others, my fist DB is in my customer's hands and they are enjoying it.  Luckily, the business owner is DB savy, and doesn't have any problem making changes to it.  However, I'm still doing maintenance.  Up to this point, he usually sends me an entire copy of the database (it's only about 60M) ,  I modify what needs to be fixed/enhanced, and then I send him a clone of the database, and tell him what needs to be changed on his version.   Since it seems impossible to simply copy a script, a table, etc. and have him replace it on his, this has been at time frustrating and error prone.

So, my question is, how does one maintain a database that is in use and processing data, that is off-site?  There's got to be a better way than what I'm doing now, so pointers to papers, website, book (I do have FM11 Missing manual, but didn't find anything in there), etc. would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Jim

Outcomes