AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookup a different entry of a table when on that table layout from a value list of all entries in...

Question asked by DaisyBlanton on Nov 12, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 by DaisyBlanton

Title

Lookup a different entry of a table when on that table layout from a value list of all entries in the table

I am a new user to Filemaker but am familiar with relational databases. My database has several related tables. When on the name table layout, I am trying to add a lookup for a value table of all the records in the table and go to the selected one when it is clicked. I'm putting it in the header area but it tries to put the selected ID in the current record which it won't let it do. I've tried adding a fake related table with the ID and name as it only fields and putting the lookup ID there and going to the related table. I've tried making the pop up field a button with go to related table and go to Record/Request/page but that only goes to the first record in the table, not the one selected.

I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions. I'm trying to recreate a database I have on my old computer in Access and feel sure that Filemaker can do anything the Access can do.

Thanks, Daisy

Outcomes