AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookup data from related record in same table and display messages if necessary

Question asked by user17887 on Aug 9, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Lookup data from related record in same table and display messages if necessary

I'm very new to FM and Using FMAV12 and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Group Code and Name that I need to add in to my table.  I want to be able to begin typing a group code and either modify an existing record or add one if none exists.  If one exists I need it to auto populate the group name field or just accept a new one if no code exists.  I would also like to display a message indicating the last time the name field was modified if a name does exists.   Our Group Codes will be reused depending on how old they are.  They need to be unique but the names can change.

I currently have two fields, Group_Code and Group_Name related to each other in a separate table occurance.  When I type in a new group code I can tab to the name field without a problem. But if I type an existing code, it pops up with a dialog telling me that the group code must be unique but allowing me to duplicate it if I want. Need to change this dialog to indicate when the last time the name field was modifed and whether or not I want to update the group name.  I don't want it to create a duplicate record.

Thanks again for any help.

Outcomes