4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 8:13 AM by TSGal

Lookup Options Changing in FM 8.5, ? Bug

srv

Title

Lookup Options Changing in FM 8.5, ? Bug

We use FM 8.5 and have a patient database with ID numbers for each patient.  When we perform a procedure, basic data (such as medications, allergies, medical history) is brought into a new procedure sheet by the patient ID number.  We have been doing this for a few years now without problems

Lately, data has been pulled up in the wrong box.  I look at the Lookup values/options and find that somehow the fields have changed.  For instance, the medications field in the procedure sheet may be incorrectly linked to "allergies" in the patient database.  So the other day I changed them back to the correct ones and all was well until today when they had changed again.

Any idea what may be going on?  It takes quite a few clicks to change the Lookup options so I doubt anyone has done it by accident.  It has worked so well for a few years now but I jutws don't know what has changed.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Lookup Options Changing in FM 8.5, ? Bug
          TSGal

srv:

Thank you for your post.

Obviously, something has changed.  From your description of the amount of time it would take to change the lookup options, this could have been caused by a corrupt database file.

Try deleting the relationship, closing the file, reopening the file and recreating the relationship.  This MAY write new information into the database file that is not affected by any possible corruption.  And it may not.

Go through each of your relationships and make sure they are all set up properly.

If this doesn't help, then please provide me some sample data, or we can make arrangements for sending me your file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Lookup Options Changing in FM 8.5, ? Bug
            srv
               Thanks for the reply.  Like any intermittent problem, it is perplexing.  It is as if something makes the fields shift to the next one so that all the data is there, just in the wrong spot.  I considered trying to add a password to edit the file, but am thinking of just leaving it.  But since this was the second time, I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem.  I can upload sample files if I figure out how to do it on this forum.
            • 3. Re: Lookup Options Changing in FM 8.5, ? Bug
              deltatango
                 definitely sounds like a corrupt file. i've had instances where 30 or 40 records will appear and disappear off a portal row on a layout while i'm not changing anything. opening the file in singler user mode and repairing the file (if you have filemaker advanced) always helps.
              • 4. Re: Lookup Options Changing in FM 8.5, ? Bug
                TSGal

srv:

Thank you for the information.

I have sent you a private message (accessible from top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send your sample file(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.