AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookup value?  Relationship help needed

Question asked by vincel on Feb 26, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Lookup value?  Relationship help needed

In my database I have three tables (that matter for the help needed) named "Lamps", "Audit" and "BGE Wattage Table"

In "Lamps" I have a field named "BGE Code" and one named "idfield lamps"  (amongst others)

In "Audit" I have a field named "BGE Device Code" and one named "idfield" (amongst others)

In "BGE Wattage Table" I have a field named "Device Code" (amongst others)

My "Audit" table is my main table where i'm doing data entry.  As fields are filled the "idfield" is populated based on a & statement to join multiple fields from "Audit"  

In my "Lamps" table I have all of the possible combinations that could occur from the "idfield" listed in the "idfield lamps" column.   

What i'm trying to do is setup the field named "BGE Device Code" in "Audit" so that it will look at the "idfield" from "Audit" and then find that coorisponding value in "idfield lamps" in the "Lamps" table.   Then from there take the value from the "BGE Code" field from "Lamps" table and enter that value in that field (BGE Device Code) created in "Audit" 

Hope that makes sense....I just can't figured this one out but I know it's probably easy!

Outcomes