AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookup vs. Calculated Formula

Question asked by TerryM on Apr 12, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2010 by bluj

Title

Lookup vs. Calculated Formula

I have trying a workaround solution for two linked (not relational) databases;  using FMP 6 on a MAC OS X 10.4.11 (maxed upgrade potential due to Power PC chipset)

I have a rental equipment pricing program that looks up a rental price by matching item name to a separate FMP database with pricing information; up until now we only had one price for each item; but now we need two distinct prices for each item; I was hoping to use an added field in the master database to help steer the Lookup function to one price or the other; but am confused about whether it's a more complicated lookup or do I need to write a formula for a calculated result using something like a Choose function or If function; tried various options with no success.

to summarize:   "Rental File" currently looks up rental item price in separate "Rental Equip." Database; based on simple one-to-one relationship; is there proper way to give it two prices to choose from and a modifying field in the "Rental File" to steer the lookup one way or the other?

Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to answer

Terry

Outcomes