There are other ways to set up your layout, but you can select this entire layout object while in layout mode and use sliding options in the Inspector to set it to "slide up" and to "resize enclosing part".
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.
Wanted to follow up on this post. I solved my problem by moving objects that were off the printed layout to the right, up on the page. I think it would have been OK from the start had I click 'slide all objects up', not just objects directly above. I will test that.
Live and learn.