2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2012 9:03 AM by philmodjunk

loss of file maker pro buttons, followed by inability to edit existing charts with a chart dialogue...

NickSaunders

Title

loss of file maker pro buttons, followed by inability to edit existing charts with a chart dialogue box

I have recently purchased and installed file maker pro 12 to Mac OSx 10.6.8.

Summary: Unable to edit existing charts in database by editing them through the chart dialogue box/inspector

Detail: I have a series of barcharts that I can no longer edit. I am able to create a new bar chart using chart setup. However after I have saved this I am unable to edit the chart again.I have followed the instructions set out in file maker pro 12 help. I have been able to view the chart I wish to edit in the layout pop-up window. However, after double clicking the chart a chart setup dialogue box fails to appear.

This problem occured after filemaker pro button functionality failed and was restored after the file maker pro application was quitted and reopened. Everything else in the database appears to be working normally, so not sure if these event are connected.

Thank you in advance for your advice