replace field contents

end loop

go to layout

enter browse mode

show all records

exit script 

1 - can not figure out how to enter a new record in another file 

2 - script keeps showing "ESC" and wont finish until i press esc

3 - how do i return to original record? keeps bringing me to record 0

• 1. Re: lost
          philmodjunk

Your scritp has numerous errors--including a loop that does not have an exit If or other step to exit the loop--and so it loops until you use esc to abort the script.

It also enters find mode but then does not perform a find--returning to browse mode without actually making any changes to your database.

What are you trying to do with this script?

• 2. Re: lost
            moogie

i do have "perform find" after "enter find" on my script just didnt show on post -  it does find requested record and makes requested changes  -  thought "end loop" would stop loop!   -  want to make a new record in another file layout  -  then return to original layout record i was on 

• 3. Re: lost
              moogie

added "go to record  next  exit after last" does what requested of it  -  only question is what control do i use to enter a new record in a layout in another file

• 4. Re: lost
                philmodjunk

You shouldn't need both a loop and replace field contents. Replace field contents modifies the specified field for every record in your found set so there's no need for a loop.