AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mac OS 10.7 and Container Fields

Question asked by stevenind on Jul 26, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 by stevenind

Title

Mac OS 10.7 and Container Fields

I want to report something that is happening with 10.7 and FM Pro 11.  This is repeatable.  There is a work around so it is not a problem but I wanted to mention it in case others were seeing the same issue.

I have my FM database running on an Windows XP server.  I have other data files (Excel and PDFs) on another Windows XP server.  I connect to the FM database using a Mac running 10.7 in remote mode.

When I try to select a data file, either an Excel spreadsheet or PDF file from the one XP server and try to insert it in to the FM database container field, I get the error in a dialog box "The file "?" could not be opened. (Not found).  This is repeatable.

My work around is to copy the file from the server to my local Mac, then I select the copied file and add it to the database.  When I do it with this intermediate step, I do not get any errors.

I was able to copy a file directly from the server to the FM database with Mac OS 10.6.8 just fine.  It might be a problem with Lion more than FM.  However, I just wanted to mention it. 

Thanks.

Outcomes