1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 8:45 AM by philmodjunk

Mac Printing Crashes

BradenDouglass

Title

Mac Printing Crashes

Hey everyone, one of my users is getting an odd issue where FileMaker will freeze and crash when printing. At first I thought it was the new MacBook air they were working with so I wiped a MacBook Pro clean and tested that out but still crashes. In addition, I tested the printing on two other macs and they work fine on the wired and wireless network.  Here is a dump of the crash, I am putting it in a linked text file because it is ridiculously long. Could it be there account? Thanks for the help!

http://cl.ly/5bXg

• 1. Re: Mac Printing Crashes
          philmodjunk

Basic diagnostic tests to perform when you get consistent crashes:

Does the crash only occur with a specific file?
          Test by creating a small sample file and see if opening it and working with it also generates a crash. If it crashes too, the problem likely lies with the computer or it's installation of FileMaker. If it does not crash, it becomes more likely that there is a problem with the file.

What is reported when you recover the file?
          The file could be damaged.

1. Things to keep in mind about Recover:
          2. Recover does not detect all problems
          3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

Does it always crash when you are doing the same thing with your file?
          That may point to a specific layout, script, operation that interacts with your Operating system or other applications...