Hard to tell why a script fails, when you don't show it to us.
BTW: Why not use a regular Find?
I agree that performing a regular find might be simpler here.
In any case, I'd carefully examine that field to make sure that zero is the only character in the field for that record. If there's another character present, maybe a space or a return--possible in a field with text as its return type--then that would explain what you are seeing.
Both valid points / suggestions. The zero is the result of a calculation so I doubt it's the culprit, but I take your comment regarding extraneous spaces/returns to mean the components that are part of the case field. I will check that out.
And Hbrendel, the regular find is brilliant. Sometimes you get into patterns and overlook the obvious. Thank you.
But for future reference...What's the best way to display a script here? If I try and copy and paste nothing shows up. Frame grab?
To post a script to the forum:
- You can upload a screen shot of your script by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
- You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
- You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
- If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
- If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional look to your script. (Use the HTML option and paste the text into the HTML editor.)