1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 5:31 AM by GuyStevens

Magazine database - magazines in a table - and starts also in seperate table?

NielsHamelink

Title

Magazine database - magazines in a table - and starts also in seperate table?

Hi,

I'm trying to design a magazine database. Sofar I've managed to make a table in which I can add the information of each magazine... name, number, year, in posession etc, etc.

Now I want to create another table (seems to me the way to go) that is connected to the magazinelist table, in which all the stars (moviestars for instance) are stored. Photograph, short bio etc, etc.

What I want to accomplish is that whenever you search on a persons name, for instance 'Johnny Cash', you'll get the information back of all the magazines that he's occured in.

But... When you look for the magazines in the magazinetable, you also should be able to see which famous stars are connected to that particular magazine number.

It should work both ways, if you get my drift.

Accept... the magazine will show several famous stars connected to that edition.

I'm trying to figure this out... I think I should store the information in two separate tables, which should be combined using 'Joint tables"? Or am I'm overlooking something here?

Any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated!

1 2 Previous Next