2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 11:07 AM by greenlion

Mail via SMTP

greenlion

Title

Mail via SMTP

I am trying to set up a "Send Mail" script step via SMPT.  I keep getting the error "The connection was refused by the SMTP server".  I have used the same settings that outlook is successfully using on the same computer.  I have also left the "Name" field empty after reading other posts, but still unable to make the connection.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Mail via SMTP
          philmcgeehan

One thing that caught me out was that our mail server's address was added to a white list by our network admins, so when we send emails in Outlook it would send them to the server and then send them on to the recipient. With the Send Mail via SMPT, the email was being sent from each user's PC (as opposed to our mail server) which have different addresses, so weren't in the white list and being stopped.

• 2. Re: Mail via SMTP
            greenlion

Thanks for the response Phil.  I don't know that that is my issue.  My understanding of using the SMTP server is that just like Outlook, the email flows through our mail server.  Please let me know if this wrong.  If not then by using the same info that Outlook is using to connect to the server should work in FM.  Unless there could be restrictions at the mail server on applications that are not Outlook, etc.?  If anyone has any info or ideas, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks