AnsweredAssumed Answered

Main menu with Record List from another table

Question asked by Annette on Jan 26, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Main menu with Record List from another table

Hi,

I'm trying to create a main menu on my database.  On it I would to place a portal that lists all the client records I have from another table.  I am using FM 13.

I have the following tables:

ClientInfo

ServiceInfo

Both of those tables are related by the ClientID from the Client Info table.

I would like the main menu page just to be a generic page that has various info on it.  I would like to have a portal that lists all the clients that are open (I have a date field called closed which gets filled in when appropriate)

Is there a way to make a generic main menu layout which allows various other info from other tables that I'm missing?  At the moment I have the main menu layout based on the ClientInfo table.  I have created a second table occurrence called ClientList of ClientInfo and have them related by a field I called link which is just a calculation field that places "1" in the field.

It does what I want...to a point.  Firstly, is this the best way to do it because then there are multiple records for my main menu to scroll through and also my filters don't seem to work.  I would like the ClientList portal that I placed on my main menu layout to filter out those that are closed using IsEmpty(ClosedField).  Still showing all despite some records having a date in this field.  I also have a popup button with the same portal on it but have it filtered to show only the closed records, again, showing all records.

Outcomes