1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2010 10:27 AM by philmodjunk

Maintaining Value lists on a SetUp layout

Cliffy

Title

Maintaining Value lists on a SetUp layout

Okay, so still being a newbie here, I have searched and tried everything I could of to see if this is even possible before posting.

This is an order entry DB for customer special orders.

I have 3 tables: "Orders", "ItemData" & "gCompanyInfo"

I have 2 value lists: Employees, & Suppliers

When a new order is entered the employee needs to choose their name from the Employees Value list (Orders::Employee) if they are not listed they can edit the list - same goes for the Supplier except (ItemData::Supplier)

What I'm trying to do is have a "SetUp" Layout where a manager can change the Company Info and edit the 2 value lists.

One of the problems I'm having is, if I create new tables to handle the list data -(e.g. a Suppliers table & Employees table) to populate the said value lists - the user creating the order can no longer edit the value lists from the Order Entry layout.

Is there any way to edit & maintain the Value Lists from a setup layout and still be able to have the "edit" feature in the drop downs or Pop-ups in other layouts?

• 1. Re: Maintaining Value lists on a SetUp layout
          philmodjunk

The edit feature, as you've discovered, is strictly for enabling the user to edit custom values--not values stored in a table.

You can, however, place an "edit" button next to the drop down field that takes the user to a layout where they have a portal listing all the records in the table so that they can edit them. You could even pop this layout up in a small floating window if you wish.