AnsweredAssumed Answered

Make a calculation that looks at one field from a related table but displays two others

Question asked by dcbriscoe on Jan 15, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2015 by dcbriscoe

Title

Make a calculation that looks at one field from a related table but displays two others

I expect this is a very easy calculation, but I can't get it to work. I need to insert a citation (2 fields: Author & Year [of publication]) from my Bibliography Table into my main data table. The main data table already contains a link to the Title field of the Bibliography (via a drop-down), so it would seem fairly obvious to tell the Citation to check if the Title field of the main data table equalled the Title field of the Bibliography table and if it did to insert the Author & Year fields from the same table.

I have tried it with If, Choose, Let and assorted internal permutations and nothing happens. The Citation field in the Bibliography table produces the correct result using: Authors & ", " & Year

Please can someone give me the correct calculation as I have wasted days on this and the rest of my PhD is on hold until I can crack it. Many thanks!

Outcomes