1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 7:10 AM by philmodjunk

Make a field auto-fill 1 when checking one radiobutton in on of several fields

lfolkestad

Title

Make a field auto-fill 1 when checking one radiobutton in on of several fields

Hi

I have a table containing selveral fields which can be check either yes / no / unknown (using radio buttons)

I would like to have a field (lets call it eligible) that i want to be auto-filled to 1 if either of the above fields have been checked and 0 if non of the fields above are checked.

I gather i need to do some sort of auto-enter calculation, but how and what to write.

lars

• 1. Re: Make a field auto-fill 1 when checking one radiobutton in on of several fields
          philmodjunk

The field can be a number field with an auto-enter calculation or a calculation field with a result type of 1. The same expression can be used in either case:

Radio Button Field 1 = "yes" or Radio Button Field 2 = "Yes" or Radio Button Field 3 = "yes"

Put as many radio button fields as you need, separated by the Or operator. Results of "True" will enter a 1 in the field and results of "false" will enter a zero.

With an auto-entered calculation, you may or may not want to clear the "do not replace existing value" check box depending on whether or not you need to allow this field's value to be edited directly.