1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2013 7:37 AM by philmodjunk

Make Button or Text blink on Main Table layout when record is added in another Table

Mike_1

Title

Make Button or Text blink on Main Table layout when record is added in another Table

I have a list of locations (addresses, city, state) in my main table. These locations need service calls from time to time. I have created a Service Call table to create service calls. The service calls on creation default with an "Active" status and dissapear from the list when I change that status to "Completed".

Here's what I want to do....

I will be working on the Main table for the most part. I want something to notify me on that main page layout that a new record or service call has been created in the service call table. A Blinking button or some type of text would be nice.

Not sure how to go about this.

Thanks

Mike

• 1. Re: Make Button or Text blink on Main Table layout when record is added in another Table
          philmodjunk

You'll need to set in motion a script that periodically checks for new records with "active" status in that other table. That script can then pop up a custom message or set a global variable's value such that conditional formatting changes the fill and/or text color of fields, buttons and/or layout text on your main layout. That won't be blinking button, but should be a reasonable attention getter.

You can use the Install OnTimer Script to run such a script at regular intervals such as once every 5 minutes or so.