1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 10:17 PM by kapitaen_1

making context sensitive buttons (dis)appear

KenS

Title

making context sensitive buttons (dis)appear

Is there any way to make buttons (or pop-up menus) appear/disappear? I'd like the button to be both not-visible and not highlighted if the user clicks in that area when the button is not in context. For example, in my db I have a table of events. If an event includes a "charge" I would like a "pay" button to appear. The pay button's script would create another event that shows the charge is paid. When the event is not a charge I would prefer that the user cant see the button and that it doesnt show any field frame if the user clicks in the button area.

Thanks,

Ken 

• 1. Re: making context sensitive buttons (dis)appear
          kapitaen_1

either you can make a calculated media field that you can use as button...

switchfield, number, global or not global depending on your needs

(this is set either to 1 or 0)

imagefieldselected, media, global

imagefieldunselected, media, global

mybuttonfield, calculated, media,  if (switchfield =1; imagefieldselected; imagefieldunselected)

so you can switch between two different images (or an empty image) for your button. 

or you can use the example Feld sichtbar / unsichtbar. If you like the example, make a donation to a wellfare organisation of your choice, and make a proof-entry to my database.

greetings from germany

Chris