2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 2:55 PM by RichardHurley

Making incoming text conform to a field's formatting

RichardHurley

Title

Making incoming text conform to a field's formatting

I'm an occasional database writer getting back into FileMaker Pro for an exhibit design project. I'd like to copy text from various applications, paste it into a FileMaker field, and have the incoming text pick up the formatting of the field (specifically font & font size). I am aware of the SelectAll, Cut, Paste, and Undo workaround, but that seems pretty torturous. I felt sure there would be a setting for forcing incoming text from the clipboard to conform to a field's format, but I haven't found it yet.

I thought I was on to something when I discovered the Inspector/Data/Behavior/Set input method options – specifically the Synchronize with Field's Font command. But this doesn't seem to do what I want. In fact, I have been unable to find out what it does do in FileMaker's documentation (and in FileMaker Pro 11,The Missing Manual).

So, does anyone know how to make incoming text behave in the manner I have described and – just for the heck of it – what Synchronize with Field's Font does?

Many thanks in advance,

Richard Hurley

Grass Valley MultiMedia