AnsweredAssumed Answered

Making records read only based on conditions.

Question asked by WilliamCook on Mar 26, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Making records read only based on conditions.

This is probably fairly simple, but before i start it i would like to know the best way to accomplish my desried result.

I would like to make an invoice record read only after it has been paid. One of my fields is "invoice status". The conditions are new, pending, shipped and paid. I think the obvious method would be to create code that would render the record read only based on the criteria of the field once it has been changed to paid.

Could I get a little help on the code to do that. I'm not that great at coding and it would probably take me all night to get it right. Also my other consideration is this: What about the relational information that is being brought over from other tables? Like line item info and shipping addresses. For example, say a customer moves, I update his shipping address. Now the invoice would reflect the change. I dont want that, i want it to show where it originally shipped and nothing else. How do i keep this information from changing.  Any thoghts on this would be great. thanks

Outcomes