1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2009 6:16 AM by carlz_1

Manage Script opens in new window and makes the main window smaller.

carlz_1

Title

Manage Script opens in new window and makes the main window smaller.

FM 10

I know this is someting I did, but I cannot recall how.

I was working on creating a script that opened a new window that had 5 buttons that accessed websites.  It wasn't working correctly then I read that there was an issue with this using MS Windows.  I am using Vista.

Now, when I open MANAGE SCRIPTS, it creates a second window and makes my main window small as well.  Thus, I have a full screen of an application, choose MANAGE scripts and I now have two windows, one with manage scripts and one with the application.

Also, if I create a runtime application, the initial window is also small, 500 by 600 pixels or so.

Any direction on how to cure this?  It is interesting to me that the window size of my main application is frighteningly similar to the size of the website window, about 500 by 600 pixels.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Manage Script opens in new window and makes the main window smaller.
          carlz_1

I am getting closer to figuring this out. 

I ran a script that opened a new window that had a list of websites on it.  That window was the exact same size and location that I now have my main application window in.

It seems that when I open manage scripts, that is a new window and the system uses these windows sizes as the default.  Sort of like when you insert a field using INSERT FIELD onto a layout it takes on the format of the prior field you had been working on.

Can anyone tell me how that works?  I cannot seem to locate the information in my books.

I then went into the script that contains the window for the website and changed its size and location.  Now, when I have my main menu of my application open, and I choose Manage Scripts, the main menu of my application is now the same size and in the same location as my altered website menu. 

It has something to do with the default features Filemaker uses for formatting.  

Can anyone tell me how that works and what terms I can use to read more about it?

Thank you.