2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 12:56 PM by AndrewCohn

Manage Security Report

AndrewCohn

Title

Manage Security Report

Hello, its my first time posting on these forums, I don't know if this is technically a Filemaker Server question.  What I would like to do is have filemaker run a report of the Manage>Security settings.  Specifically I'd like to have a report that showed the Privilege Set, what active accounts are associated with that privilege set, the settings for each table in that privilege set, and, preferably, if the setting is "limited" for a given table, what the privilege settings are for the fields in that table.  Does any of this make any sense?  Is it possible?  My company is reevaluating our stance on what Privilege sets can modify certain tables/fields, so I need draw up some kind of summary of current settings.  Would prefer not to go through each privilege set indivudually, look at the settings for every table and every field and then tediously copy them over to a spreadsheet.  We're running Filemaker Server 11.  I have Filemaker Pro Advanced 11.

Thanks for your help, apologies in advance if this is in your knowlege base already, I couldn't find it!

• 1. Re: Manage Security Report
          philmodjunk

Since you have FileMaker Pro Advanced, Select Database Design Report from the Tools menu and select only the Accounts option from the check box list of report options.

That will list all accounts with associated privilege sets and then will list a privilege sets and their settings.

If that is not quite sufficient, there are several 3rd party tools that use the xml form of this report to analyze your report in even more detail, one of them may offer a bit more in this area.

• 2. Re: Manage Security Report
            AndrewCohn

Wow!  That is seriously cool!  Thank you, Phil!