AnsweredAssumed Answered

managing multiple images in one record

Question asked by cliffacconci on Nov 19, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

managing multiple images in one record

Hello,

I am creating a database which keeps track of architecture projects.  Each record has one architecture project which should have multiple images of the architectural process (an image of a drawing, a photo of a model, a photo of the building, etc.)  When the record is choosen, I would like to view one image at a time and create a previous and next button to cycle through these images. 

From reading previous forums, it seems I have to create what is called a 'portal' between two tables,my architecture projects and an 'image storage' table.  I don't really understand how portals work but I have created a 'image storage' table with one container field which holds 5 repetitions(one repetition for each image of a project.)  This is where I don't know what to do. 

Do I create an image container field with the same name in my architecture inventory table?  And if I do this, when I try to create a relationship, container fields are greyed-out and do I make the relationship the "=" sign?Once this relationship is created properly, If a user creates a new record in the architecture inventory, can they just drag and drop new images into empty repetitions slots on the image field displayed in the portal?

Also, once I establish this portal and get it to work, is it possible to create  two buttons to cycle through the 5 images held in this repetition? like a previous and next button.

help, confused!

Outcomes