AnsweredAssumed Answered

Managing Multiples Files Within A Record

Question asked by mattatobsidian on Jan 23, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Managing Multiples Files Within A Record

I've been reading through the forums and continue to find varied answers about managing multiple files within a record. Can somebody please explain the easiest/best way to set this up?

Quick Background:

I am a talent agent and I have various projects that I have to manage for various clients. Basically they are scripts and storyboards [but often there are multiple versions of the storyboard/script and I want all of them for reference]. 

I've tried to use portals and create JobID relationships that associate the scripts with a certain JobID within a separate table that contains only files [pdf's jpegs, etc], but that seems really cumbersome for something that Bento can do really easily. I don't even need to store these scripts within Filemaker. I save these scripts in client by client files located on a local network. All I want is a reference to the file so that when I'm flipping through active jobs and I need to check a script, I can just double click it and it will open in Acrobat. Does this make sense? I've created this in Bento just to show as an example...

Any ideas welcome.

Best,

Matt 

Screen_shot_2012-01-23_at_6.22.50_PM.jpg

Outcomes