1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2009 2:06 PM by TSGal

many-to-many relations and portals

willem67

Title

many-to-many relations and portals

I will try to describe my problem as brief as possible:

1. I use many-to-many relations and join tables to show related records in portals.
      2. I used one join table to tie four tables together.
      3. I use more than one portal per layout.
      4. This created the problem that once I fill (or click) a portal row; I also generate a row in the other portals. For deleting the same: when I delete a portal row then I delete a portal row in every other portals. I do understand why!!!
      5. So I decided to make separate join tables between every normal table.....
      6. The problem is that I can know only have one portal per lay-out. The other tables appear as non-related (gray) and are therefore not selectable...
      When I create the lay-out I have to choose one table and I cannot choose any of the other duplicate tables (with the number 2....) What do I do?

Willem 

• 1. Re: many-to-many relations and portals
          TSGal

willem67:

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you may have either:

1. A portal into a second table occurrence, that when deleted, would cascade to records in the same table

2. A portal that linked to another table that is affected during the deletion process.

You may want to make sure when you are deleting a portal row, what effect it has on the related tables.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.