AnsweredAssumed Answered

Master List

Question asked by JMadison on Dec 28, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 by JMadison

Title

Master List & Slave List  Synch Question - Please Help

I have a bit of an odd situation and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'd appreciate any help on the matter.

I need to have a setup like THIS:

MASTERLIST - contain main data

SLAVELIST - contains MASTERLIST data + SLAVELIST data synched

Here is an example:

Masterlist

site 1 - www.yahoo.com

site 2 - www.msn.com

site 3 - www.google.com

Create Slavelist 1 through script that populates with info from Masterlist + creates Slavelist 1 fields for EACH Masterlist item (in the above case it "site")

site 1 - www.yahoo.com + Slavelist 1 Yahoo info

site 2 - www.msn.com + Slavelist 1 MSN info

site 3 - www.google.com + Slavelist 1 Google info

If I choose to create Slavelist 2 then the process should be able to repeat itself (EG - autocreate Slave list based on Masterlist).

Also, if I ADD or delete anything from MASTERLIST this should reflect on the Slavelists.

In Mysql this was pretty easy but in Filemaker I'm completely lost.

Don't know if I explained my situation clearly, please ask if something is unclear. I've tried to start this project in different ways but I can't figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks.

PS: Another way to explain it would be like this:

• The Masterlist contains the sites which can be added and deleted.
  • Each Project is comprized of a Slavelist which contains the Masterlist info plus specific project info for each site.
  • The Masterlist should be synched with all projects (Slavelists) which should reflect any additions or deletions from the Masterlist.

I get stumpped when it comes to synching the tables (Masterlist with Slavelists). Is there a script for such a thing?

Outcomes