AnsweredAssumed Answered

Master Switch to Lock All Fields

Question asked by jebber6685 on Mar 16, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Master Switch to Lock All Fields

In the Options portion of Field creation, there is a check box by "Prohibit Modification of Value During Data Entry" that will then lock the field so that a user cannot modify the data that is being viewed or, in my case, I use to to prevent me from accidentally modifying data.

So I use this button to lock fields in so that I do not accidentally modify the values. But when I do want to modify the data in the fields, i need to go to that field, select each one, go to Options, Un-Check the box close up, and then I can make my modifications. I will then go back and Re-Check all the fields to once again lock them.

This is a pain, so I would like to know if there is a way to make a Master Button that I can push that will Lock and Unlock all fields directly from the layout that I am viewing. I would then put this button off to the side, conditionally format it so that I can clearly see when Locked and when Unlocked. This way I could save much time and also prevent accidental change. 

Can anyone help with a way to create this Master Field Lock script / button?

Any help here would be greatly  appreciated.
     I have FMPro Advanced 12.0 v4
     OS - Windows Vista on desktop, Windows 7 on laptop

Outcomes