1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2010 2:35 AM by LaRetta_1

Match Fields

Alana

Title

Match Fields

Hi There,

I am using FilemakerPro 11.0v1 on Windows XP and am having a problem with showing non matching data.

I have a Membership Table that records all info about all our member agencies includes the Field AgencyProgramName .

I have a Participation Table that records all info about all our activities including which agencies attended each activity in the Field AgencyName

These 2 tables are related by the AgencyProgramName and AgencyName and that works well for most of my reports but my problem is that not every Agency that attends an activity is a a member yet so they are not in my Membership table.

I need to produce a report or list or portal or something that shows me which non member Agencies(are not found in Membership Table) attended each activity.

Hope someone can help or smack me upside the head for trying something stupid, after 2 days of trying to find a solution I am willing to try anything.

Alana

• 1. Re: Match Fields
          LaRetta_1

If I understand correctly, you can perform a find for = in the AgencyProgramName field (in Participation).  This will find all participation records which don't have a match in Memberships.  

Since you said the tables are joined by two fields then, from Participation, you can also search your related Memberships AgencyProgramName field for * which would find all Participation records with a related Membership.  And then 'Show Omitted Only' to find those without.