AnsweredAssumed Answered

Match fields not corresponding; help?

Question asked by SusanRuss on Jan 26, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Match fields not corresponding; help?

I have several tables in a database and each table should share between two and four of its fields with two or three of the other tables.  In the relationship graph, I have the appropriate fields linked properly between all the tables, and I have it checked to allow for the creation/deletion of new records when one is edited.  However, when I add a record to a table, the information does not appear in the other tables.  What am I missing?  Is there anything else I need to do?  Shouldn't the information put into (for example) the Title field in TableA show up in the Title field in TableB, assuming the two fields are linking and the allow creation of new records option is checked?  Does it matter if there are already existing/blank records, or none at all?

I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6, using FileMaker Pro 9 v1.  If it's applicable, the version I'm using is currently unactivated until my coworker returns from vacation and deactivates it on his computer.  The tables I'm using record different information pertaining to the same list of songs (one table contains program info, one licensing info, one budget info, and they should all share title and artist fields etc.).

Any help would be hugely appreciated, as I'm new to this program!  Thanks! 

ETA:  Should I be doing anything with portals?

Screen_shot_2011-01-26_at_11.34.11_AM.png

Outcomes