2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 9:35 AM by TSGal

maximum number of pages in a record

robodr

Title

maximum number of pages in a record

I have a text field that needs to contain many pages of text, perhaps 20 or more.  Is there a maximum number of pages that can be created in any record layout? This number will depend upon the paper type/size, but my layout is for standard 8.5x11" paper.

• 1. Re: maximum number of pages in a record
          FentonJones
             Layout length limit: 110 inches
          • 2. Re: maximum number of pages in a record
            TSGal

robodr:

Thank you for your post.

The answer by "Fenton Jones" is correct (Thank you!).  That is, a standard 8.5 x 11" paper will take up about ten pages on a layout.  If you are planning to print 20 or more pages, you can create a second layout that will display pages 11-20.  Create a third layout if you need even more pages for a record.

Once your layouts are completed, print the current record using the first layout, print the current record using the second layout, etc.  You can also create a script that automatically does this for you, and then attach a button to that script.  Once you are happy with the data, click the button, and all pages are printed.

Please let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.