AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mechanism for Periodic Reauthorization to FM Solution

Question asked by illumine on Feb 5, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Mechanism for Periodic Reauthorization to FM Solution

I understand that fool-proof digital security is virtually impossible (witness the crazy hacking in every manner of corporate and government network systems).  Nevertheless, I still want to incorporate some security features in my solutions to keep the honest, honest...

In order to maintain some level of control over the unauthorized distribution of solutions I will soon deploy, I wish to:

1. Force the intended new user (school teachers) to initially input their name and school in a one-time entry, then prominently reflect that information on each main screen layout and on all output, reports, etc.
  3. Incorporate a mechanism whereby an author-provided key grants the intended user access to the solution for a year.  At the end of that year, the solution locks them out and prevents reactivation without input of a subsequent author-provided key.

Item 1 is relatively easy to do so I have no questions there.  Item 2, it would seem, has a much higher complexity level.  Can anyone point me to posts where this sort of thing is discussed?  I read about someone doing this a couple of years ago but can't seem to find it now that I want to use it.

Thank You

Outcomes