1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 3:03 AM by LaRetta_1

medical database, display previous visit info when entering data for a new visit

jflopes

Title

medical database, display previous visit info when entering data for a new visit

Hi everyone!

I'm new to FM but I hope to learn it fast with your help...

I am creating a database to manage patients. Patients' contact info are in a table, and to simplify, the visits information are listed in another table, linked in a one to many way.

One patient will have many visits over time, and I need to figure out a way, when entering data for a visit, to display certain information from the previous visit, and also to be able to copy/paste info from one visit to another...

(I'd guess the same thinking may be already used when generating new invoices for the same customer using previous invoice info...)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, guys!

Joao Lopes.

Ophthalmologist. Chile.

• 1. Re: medical database, display previous visit info when entering data for a new visit
          LaRetta_1

To copy information from one visit to another, be in the visits table and duplicate the patient's last visits record then make your changes.

As for display the data from the last visit directly on the patient's layout, there are a few ways:

1) You can sort your Visits layout in descending order (from the graph) on creation date and place the visits fields directly on your layout.

2) If you don't want to sort your relationship, you can place one-row portal based upon visits.  Sort the portal descending on creation date and put all your visits fields in it.