AnsweredAssumed Answered

Merging/linking data from 2 tables

Question asked by JacquiProut on Apr 23, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Merging/linking data from 2 tables

I am pushing my luck now with a big challenge. 
I am trying to merge to seperate databases/tables but I cant fathom how to create the report I need.

Table A 
Is generated by a device that records  my blood sugars there are at least 4 readings a day but sometimes more. I export this into excel and then into Filemaker.  I only do this once a month.  

I test my sugars before every meal, at bedtime and if I feel that my sugars are too low.  The device just records this as a time.  I have (thanks to PhilMod) created a calulation that populates a field with a more meaniful description of Breafast, lunch dinnner, bedtime based on time blocks and Hypo if the sugars read below 4

Table B
Much Simpler its just  has 5 fields, 
ID, Date, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.  Each day I record what I have had to eat.

THE REPORT I NEED
To show all the data from the device on one day with a row for each meal time but link it to the food database so what I have eaten is shown next to the corresponding data in a list view.  ie 

These would be the headers, CAPS come from table A (The ones prefxed CALC are the calculation result mentioned above The Lowecase headers are from table B

DATE - CARBS - SUGARS - INSULIN - CALC BREAKFAST - Breakfast food
DATE - CARBS - SUGARS - INSULIN - CALC LUNCH -     Lunch food
DATE - CARBS - SUGARS - INSULIN - CALC DINNER -    Dinner food
DATE - CARBS - SUGARS - INSULIN - CALC BEDTIME -  
DATE - CARBS - SUGARS - INSULIN - CALC HYPO* - 
*only when they happen

Summary to display a list table of the date, the mealtime when I tested my sugars, the sugar levels, how many carbohydrteas I eat, how much insulin I inject and the specfic food eaten.

I await ideas

Thanks

Outcomes