3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2009 7:23 PM by groovebox

Messaging other users

ramdriveway

Title

Messaging other users

I am looking for away to message other users curently logged in to a share database not IWP. I would also like to beable to leave users messages so that the next time they login they can see the message.

• 1. Re: Messaging other users
          groovebox

Snap!

Was looking for this same thing 3 hours ago and stumbled upon:

SUI_Bulletin_Board + SUI_Message_Board  (2 diff things) - they are $99 each - not sure if they use plugins (have emailed them regarding that) - sure they are not free - but they look the part. I am sure that you can do the same thing with some time/knowledge but $99 is not a lot.

I don't have any association with these things btw - they may be what you are looking for.

Just trying to help.

Respect.

• 2. Re: Messaging other users
            groovebox

Got a reply - their solutions don't use plugins - am buying on Tuesday because I have a particular need and will advise if you want.

Respect.

(I don't mind plugins - just that I try to minimise them where poss.) 

• 3. Re: Messaging other users
              groovebox

As mentioned - grabbed 2 titles from SUI - both do what they say on the tin - pretty clean examples - should not be too hard to integrate into a solution. As a low level developer myself - you prob could do something similar yourself but for $99 - cheap solution and it works.

Respect.