AnsweredAssumed Answered

Methods for trouble shooting Filemaker issues

Question asked by JosephMauriello on Jul 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2014 by JosephMauriello

Title

Methods for trouble shooting Filemaker issues

Hi All,

I'm somewhat new to filemaker but I've developed a fair share of data-driven websites so I understand the concepts that underlie database and application development. 

I'm having a hard time understanding how to get information while trouble shooting issues.  

For example - I've created a portal to populate a many-to-many relationships table: Program Products Join

The portal is on the Programs Layout and has fields from the Products table as well as a field for populating the Join table's product foreign key (Program Products Join) with a Product id

The layout is successfully populating the Product id data into Program Products Join - I know that because I can see in the Program Products Join layout - but the rest of the products data isn't populating the product fields listed in the portal.

I've checked my relationships and they seem good: Program Products Join has foreign keys for programs and products these connect to program ID and product ID respectively.

I've executed similar set ups successfully before and I think I've set it all up the same this time around. Any idea what I'm doing wrong and what you pros would do to trouble shoot the issue? 

Outcomes