2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 7:08 AM by MicheleSatriani

migrating a DB from version 6 to version 12

MicheleSatriani

Title

migrating a DB from version 6 to version 12

Hello everyone,

I have been given the task to migrate a FileMaker application from version 6 (ancient, I know) to version 12, and the database was developed by someone who has left

I have been able to convert the files, as we have also an old installation of version 8.5, so no problem with regard to that, but what I am struggling with is the web publishing. With version 6, there is an HTML page with a web form, and the following URL is generated (the server name has been edited out):

/FMPro?-db=LEP_Web.fp5&-format=-dso_xml&-styletype=text%2Fxsl&-stylehref=LEP_BaseFormat.xsl&Description=&Manufacturer=AGI&Model=&-find=Search&-max=1000

Yet, the version 12 guide for Custom Web Publishing with XML (http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/12/fms/fms12_cwp_xml_en.pdf) says that both the "–stylehref" and "–styletype" have been removed, and I do not manage to understand what to use in their place. Is it me being dumb, not having done my homework, or there is no actual hope ?

Thanks in adv ance