1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 11:58 AM by philmodjunk

Migrating from FM7 to FM Pro11

DalePeterson

Title

Migrating from FM7 to FM Pro11

Used FM7 for years - mostly DB and managing records of names, etc.,  Purchased FM Pro11 with intent to bring all current files/DB's and convert or upgrade to latest version.  I installed 11 and began to look for my older DB riles. I can't seem to find my files at all.  Where can I go or do to figure this out?  I guess I'm sort of a beginner since this seems like its changed a lot.

I would like to start with my existing files if I can convert them.  Suggestions?

• 1. Re: Migrating from FM7 to FM Pro11
          philmodjunk

Filemaker 7 and Filemaker 11 files use exactly the same format. Even the .FP7 at the end of the filenames has not changed.

You should be able to simply open your original files with FMP 11 and start using them.

Any chance there's a platform change from mac to windows going on here?

Did you create the files without .fp7 on a Mac and now you are using a windows machine to find and open them?

If so, edit the file names by adding .fp7 to the end of them and then you can use FMP 11 to find and open them.