AnsweredAssumed Answered

Milestones on Gantt Chart

Question asked by deathrobot on Sep 8, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 10, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Milestones on Gantt Chart

I have a Gantt chart to show project timelines. It uses the method shown here:

http://coresolutions.ca/update-gantt-charts-in-filemaker#codesyntax_4

Each line is a repeating field with conditional formatting (see the screen shots), based off of one global field (STARTDATE), and is based on a table called "Projects". This is all working well. However, each project can have one or more milestones (from a child table called "Milestones"). Each Milestone has a date, a type (i.e. "call", "demo due", "final due", and "other"), and a field for more details. What I'm trying to do is overlay another repeating field to show milestones so that for each related milestone, if the date in the particular gantt square matches the milestone date, show a letter or icon depending on what the type is (e.g. "C" for "call", "D" for "demo due", etc.). The formula below works for just the first child, but I'm not sure if this can be modified to include all the children, or I need something different. And, it does not look at the milestone type:

Let ( [
          currentDate = Extend ( STARTDATE ) + Get (CalculationRepetitionNumber ) - 1;
     ];
          Case ( currentDate = Extend ( Milestones » Projects::milestoneDate );
               "•"
          )
     )

Basically, I want to see (where "-" are blank squares):

- - - - - C - - - - - D - - F - - - - - - - - - -

Is this possible?

Thanks,
     Michael

Gantt.png

Outcomes