3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2012 10:29 AM by philmodjunk

Missing field in table but all records in found set

RaynoldHenriette

Title

Missing field in table but all records in found set

Hi,

I have an invoicing filemaker database, which suddenly show all the field on the layout as "Field Missing".When checking the table in manage database, the table is still there, but all the field is gone. but in the current found set all the 13,000 record are found. I've tried to recreate the fields but now i get all the field as question-marks. What may have cause this and how can i solve it so that i can access all my records.

Your help will be very much appreciated. Ray

• 1. Re: Missing field in table but all records in found set
          philmodjunk

First enter layout mode and select layout setup....

Make a note of  the text shown in "show records from". This is the name of a table occurrence found in Manage | database | Relationships. Then dismiss this dialog and double click one of your fields that displays Missing to bring up the specify fields dialog. Note the text in the drop down in the top of this dialog. This is also the name of a table occurrence in your system. In simple layouts, the two names match, but it is also possible that you add fields from a table occurrence that is linked to the table occurrence specified in layout setup...

If you have a portal on your layout, it refers to a related table occcurrence in portal setup | Show related records from. This portal then is like a small layout based on the portal's table occurrence. Fields in side the portal thus follow the same pattern, they should refer to either the table occurrence specified for the portal or an occurrence that is related to it.

You'll need to compare these settings to the relationships tab in Manage | Database to figure out what happened and how to correct it. Odds are that either a table occurrence or a relationship line was deleted from this tab and this "broke" your layout. The other possibility I can think of is if you changed the table occurrence in Layout Setup | Show records from and failed to update the fields to come from the new occurrence or one related to it.

• 2. Re: Missing field in table but all records in found set
            RaynoldHenriette

Have a look at the upload image, which show the manage l database. There is only 1 table in the file which is straight forward, but somehow i don't know what went wrong. the details show 0 fields /13196 records.

• 3. Re: Missing field in table but all records in found set
              philmodjunk

What do you see on the fields tab?

It appears that all field definitions (and their data) have been deleted.

Hope You have a back up copy of your database as this is not something that you can undo.