I would guess that your calculation refers to either a global field or a field from a related table. Either forces the calculation field to be unstored and an unstored field does not have the needed index that your relationship requires.
After changing your field back to a data field, open field options for the field and click the storage tab to make sure that it does not specify global storage and has indexing turned on.
Thanks Phil I have checked and it is not a global field and indexing is turned on. Is there a "re-indexing function" Should I repair or recover the file?
Thanks for your time.
I am in Toronto Canada and signing off for the night but will check back inn the morning.
Or perhaps the missing index message is not due to this field, but another field used as a match field in a relationship or in a "use values from field" value list...
That seems more likely than a damaged index.
But if you want, you can use advanced recover options to rebuild all the indexes in your file.
Or you can go to Define and turn storage off, click ok and then go back and turn storage back on. This should re-index the field. Or what Phil said . . .
Hi guys. So I turned off indexing off the. Back on. It works. So the lesson here for me has been; be mindful of changing a text field to a calculation and how it relates to the indexing of that field especially when used in relationships.