3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 11:46 AM by steve4640_1

Missing Join Value on Web Publishing But Not Desktop

steve4640_1

Title

Missing Join Value on Web Publishing But Not Desktop

Hi Everybody:

I can't seem to find a reference to solving this problem anywhere: I am entering data into a related table using a portal and everything works great on the desktop. However, when I do exactly the same data entry using Instant Web Publishing interface for the same database, I get an error that tells me there is a "missing join value". Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Steve 

• 1. Re: Missing Join Value on Web Publishing But Not Desktop
          TSGal

steve4640:

Thank you for your post.

I have been trying different scenarios to replicate this error message, but not having any luck.

Can you describe your tables and fields in greater detail?  Also, what fields do you have in your portal?  Do any of them have auto-enter or validation options?  Do you get the error when you immediately access the field, or when you press Submit?  Any information you can provide to help me replicate the issue would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Missing Join Value on Web Publishing But Not Desktop
            davideid

I know it has been a long time, but was this ever resolved?  I am having the exact same problem.  I have a portal that I am trying to update using IWP.  I have a button that basically just refreshs the page, but on IWP I get a 'Missing Join value for creating related account'.  The related record is based on two fields - a serial number and type field.  In the parent field type is a calc field always = 'Book' and in the child table type can change (ie. Book, Magazine etc.).  That way it is displayed in the correct portal.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

• 3. Re: Missing Join Value on Web Publishing But Not Desktop
              steve4640_1

I seem to recall I figured out how to fix this. I'll check back on my project and see if I can remember specifically what I did.