4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 10:18 AM by emgates

Missing record on report layout

emgates

Title

Missing record on report layout

When I run my report, 71 of the 72 records that should be there show up on the report.  There is nothing different about the missing record.  I've tried deleting it and re-entering it to no avail.  If I do an export records on this report, the missing record is there!  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Missing record on report layout
          philmodjunk

There are many possible factors that could affect the results that you are getting.

For starters, how exactly do you "run your report"? are you performing a script, doing a manual  find for records?, or ???? Are you sorting those records?

Then, How is your layout designed? Some layout designs used in reports can combine data from multiple records into a single row so the number of rows of data may not match those in your found set.

And the record might be omitted from your found set at the time you produce your report for any number of reasons.

So you'll need to describe this in much more detail.

• 2. Re: Missing record on report layout
            emgates

The report is run via a script that does the find.  In the script, different variables can be used if so designated by the user.  If I try to run this just on the term/semester, the record in question goes missing.  If I run it with term/semester and the student's program, the record is on the report.  There is one page per student on this report.  I've attached a sample of the script.

• 3. Re: Missing record on report layout
              philmodjunk

If I try to run this just on the term/semester, the record in question goes missing.  If I run it with term/semester and the student's program, the record is on the report.

Then that difference would seem to be the key clue as to what to examine on that record that would explain why you are getting this result. I don't have the time now to analyze your script, but what you report would seem to indicate that a field in this record has data present or missing that affects the result when you use the first option and not when you use the second.

• 4. Re: Missing record on report layout
                emgates

That's what I thought too.  But, that's not the case.  Thanks.