3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 5:29 PM by Danxyz

Modal Dialog in Script Loop

Danxyz

Title

Modal Dialog in Script Loop

I am trying to create a Modal Dialog Window in the middle of a script loop where the script pauses for user input with the dialog Window opening.  The Custom Dialog script step provides this functionality but the amount of content that can be presented with that seems less than I'm aiming for.  So I'd like to use a custom Layout and make it function like Custom Dialog.

The script looks something like this:

Loop
             Perform Find 
             Open Modal Window with results of Find and some command buttons to choose from
             Close Window and take action based on user selection in Modal Window
           End Loop

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I've tried to use New Window script step with WindowStyle=Modal but that does not seem to pause the script.

Thx

Dan

• 1. Re: Modal Dialog in Script Loop
          philmodjunk

Loop
                 Perform Find 
                 Open Modal Window with results of Find and some command buttons to choose from
                 Pause/resume Script [Indefinitely]
                 Close Window and take action based on user selection in Modal Window
               End Loop

Then set your button in the modal window to resume a paused script.

• 2. Re: Modal Dialog in Script Loop
            Danxyz

Very helpful.  One follow up question:  how is context for pause/resume script managed?  I can imagine a coding error/bad design resulting in me pausing one script and then initiating another that also gets paused.  Do I now have two scripts in the 'paused' state?  When I command 'resume', which one gets resumed?

Not planning on doing this but I've created some doozy loops in my time and just want to protect myself from doing more dumb things.

D

• 3. Re: Modal Dialog in Script Loop
              Danxyz

Never mind on that last question.  I don't think the scenario I described is possible.  Thank you.

Dan