AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modify existing Value List and use as portal filter

Question asked by CharlesDestrempes on Feb 16, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 by CharlesDestrempes

Title

Modify existing Value List and use as portal filter

I've tried several things and know I am close to the solution...I just can't make this work.

In table A (Cats) I have a value list which goes "Mixed";"-";and then lots of specific breeds (user modifiable)

In table B(Adoptions) I have a portal through various relationships which shows cats that are available for adoption.  I want to allow the user to filter the displayed cats via multiple drop-downs.  The drop downs are global vars from my global table and have value lists assigned to them (e.g. Age, Breed, etc.) which  I then simply add into a query on the portal filter functionality (not efficient but record count is small enough it works).  On entry into the adoption records i set each of the filter globals to "All" so there is no filtering done.

However, for Breed I have an existing value list AND need to somehow insert All in as the first item in the value list so it is selectable by the user.  I've tried a couple of approaches (custom functions to insert/remove items via let) and I just can't get it to work quite right.

Suggestions?

Outcomes